Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How do I get a Mac OS X Leopard to run from an external hard drive on a Windows Computer?

Q. I recently installed Mac OS X on an external hard drive.
I wish to boot it on a Windows computer,
I have checked the BIOS and had it configured so that it runs from the USB Drive,
but it's not loading, the only visible object on the monitor is a blinking underscore key.

A. You can't MACOSX is very hardware specific and will not run on your PC because none of your hardware meets Apples OS requirments.

Thats why MAC OS runs only on MAC's otherwise apple would be selling it to install on your PC wouldn't they.

How much would a screen crack in Mac OS X cost to repair?
Q. The screen in my Mac Os X just cracked. The version is 10.4.11. Does anyone know is it repairable and how much would the repair cost?

A. It depends on what Mac you have and there's not much anyone will be able to do without seeing it. An LCD replacement could be between $500-$800 so there's a chance you'll be better off getting a new machine...

What software do I need to install mac os x snow leopard on Pc without virtualization and dvd?
Q. I already have the iso file of the snow leopard. But what software do I need to install, to use mac os x snow leopard without DVD and Virtualization technology, because my pc doesnt have it.

Thanks.

A. A Mac.

How Can I Replace Mac OS X for My Mac With a Linux Distribution?
Q. I have Mac OS X and I like it OK, but I want to have a dual boot and transition to Linux. How would I buy a Linux distribution for Mac hardware. This seems to me to be a much more secure solution.

A. Mac hardware is Intel based these days, so you would use the same x86 download as for a PC.

And while you can have a CD sent through the mail, it's easier and free to download it yourself. Have you picked a distribution yet? I suggest Ubuntu.
www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
It's a good distribution for beginners. It's well documented, has a large support base, and it's easy to use.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment