Monday, January 21, 2013

How much would a screen crack in Mac OS X cost to repair?

Q. The screen in my Mac Os X just cracked. The version is 10.4.11. Does anyone know is it repairable and how much would the repair cost?

A. It depends on what Mac you have and there's not much anyone will be able to do without seeing it. An LCD replacement could be between $500-$800 so there's a chance you'll be better off getting a new machine...

What is the best method for installing Mac OS X on a PC?
Q. I was just wondering what is the best method for installing Mac OS X on a PC. I plan to install it on a partition, so that I have the ability to dual-boot. The method that I've heard about the most is through iDeneb. I've heard about things that do the same thing as iDeneb, and I was wondering if iDeneb is the best way to install Mac OS X on a PC, or if there are other better methods.

A. Depends, I know its possible on most intel computers and amd(amd needs some special files)
Note that you will need a OS X disc which I recommend buying at a local store or you could google it and use it at your risk.
check out my sources as they explain the general process.

What software do I need to install mac os x snow leopard on Pc without virtualization and dvd?
Q. I already have the iso file of the snow leopard. But what software do I need to install, to use mac os x snow leopard without DVD and Virtualization technology, because my pc doesnt have it.

Thanks.

A. A Mac.

How Can I Replace Mac OS X for My Mac With a Linux Distribution?
Q. I have Mac OS X and I like it OK, but I want to have a dual boot and transition to Linux. How would I buy a Linux distribution for Mac hardware. This seems to me to be a much more secure solution.

A. Mac hardware is Intel based these days, so you would use the same x86 download as for a PC.

And while you can have a CD sent through the mail, it's easier and free to download it yourself. Have you picked a distribution yet? I suggest Ubuntu.
www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
It's a good distribution for beginners. It's well documented, has a large support base, and it's easy to use.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment