Monday, January 28, 2013

Can i upgrade from tiger to snow leopard, Using a snow leopard standerd installation disk?

Q. My mother recently got a macbook pro with snow leopard as the primary os x, i've been given her old macbook which runs tiger, would i be able to install snow leopard using her installation disk from her mac?

A. The computer has to have an intel processor to run snow leopard.

Also, you cant use another installation disk on a computer it doesnt come with.

What is the difference with the Snow Leopard and the Server?
Q. I am getting the Snow Leopard for sure but I noticed the really cool looking blue colored one that said server. But I don't get what it is. I think it is also more expensive. What's the difference?

A. The snow leopard (Panthera uncia or Uncia uncia), sometimes known as "ounce," is a moderately large cat native to the mountain ranges of Central Asia. The classification of this species has been subject to change and its exact taxonomic position will not be resolved until further studies are conducted.

It cannot roar, despite possessing an incomplete ossification of the hyoid bone. The presence of this ossification was previously thought to be essential for allowing the big cats to roar. However, new studies show that the ability to roar is due to other morphological features, especially of the larynx, which are absent in the snow leopard

Cathy

How can I get the mac app store without paying for snow leopard?
Q. I've tried looking at all the youtube videos and Ive come close but have ultimaltely been unsuccessful... Can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to download snow leopard for free... Its rediculous that you have to pay 30$ to get snow leopard so that you can use the mac app store.

A. Plain and simple, you have to buy Snow Leopard. You will get improved security, software that better interacts with your hardware, and it only costs $30. Plus, if you don't have Snow Leopard, there will be no way to upgrade to Lion, since it would require the Mac App Store. It'll be worth it, trust me.

After upgrading to Snow Leopard, why would one be unable to install The Sims 3 from the disk?
Q. Prior to installing Snow Leopard, the installation worked properly. Post-installation, however, attempting to open the game results in a program crash. Have tried repeatedly to reinstall, with no luck. Any ideas?

A. " I have the Seritek/2SE2-E PCIe card installed in my Mac Pro 2.8GHz (8-core) with a SeriTek/2EN2 enclosure connected. The 5.3.2 driver worked with the 32 bit kernel but not the 64 bit. Now with the 64 bit kernel (and 5.4.0 drivers) loaded the drives in the enclosure appear.
An added bonus of the new driver is that the eSATA drives now show up in Temperature Monitor. I couldn't get the drive temperatures under Leopard or Snow Leopard using the 5.3.2 driver.
I can also report another nice Snow Leopard bonus. Under Leopard I could not get my Logitech Clear Chat PC Wireless headset to work with Speech Recognition. The Calibrate dialogue box in System Preferences>Speech>Speech Recognition just would not respond when I tried any of the commands listed. The headset microphone worked with internet telephony (Gizmo5) but not Speech Recognition. Under Snow Leopard Speech Recognition now works. The Calibrate dialogue box responds and I can use the headset to verbally launch apps or close windows among other things. I am very happy with Snow Leopard.

The only glitch I have seen so far is the video anomalies in Safari when using the Top Sites window to surf. Before most sites load (including xlr8yourmac.com) I briefly see a solid grey window with vertical stripes of different colours. For some reason this does not happen with macupdate.com. (I have an ATI 4870 in my Mac Pro btw.)
-Steve"



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment