Friday, January 11, 2013

How can I get the mac app store without paying for snow leopard?

Q. I've tried looking at all the youtube videos and Ive come close but have ultimaltely been unsuccessful... Can anybody give me step by step instructions on how to download snow leopard for free... Its rediculous that you have to pay 30$ to get snow leopard so that you can use the mac app store.

A. Plain and simple, you have to buy Snow Leopard. You will get improved security, software that better interacts with your hardware, and it only costs $30. Plus, if you don't have Snow Leopard, there will be no way to upgrade to Lion, since it would require the Mac App Store. It'll be worth it, trust me.

After upgrading to Snow Leopard, why would one be unable to install The Sims 3 from the disk?
Q. Prior to installing Snow Leopard, the installation worked properly. Post-installation, however, attempting to open the game results in a program crash. Have tried repeatedly to reinstall, with no luck. Any ideas?

A. " I have the Seritek/2SE2-E PCIe card installed in my Mac Pro 2.8GHz (8-core) with a SeriTek/2EN2 enclosure connected. The 5.3.2 driver worked with the 32 bit kernel but not the 64 bit. Now with the 64 bit kernel (and 5.4.0 drivers) loaded the drives in the enclosure appear.
An added bonus of the new driver is that the eSATA drives now show up in Temperature Monitor. I couldn't get the drive temperatures under Leopard or Snow Leopard using the 5.3.2 driver.
I can also report another nice Snow Leopard bonus. Under Leopard I could not get my Logitech Clear Chat PC Wireless headset to work with Speech Recognition. The Calibrate dialogue box in System Preferences>Speech>Speech Recognition just would not respond when I tried any of the commands listed. The headset microphone worked with internet telephony (Gizmo5) but not Speech Recognition. Under Snow Leopard Speech Recognition now works. The Calibrate dialogue box responds and I can use the headset to verbally launch apps or close windows among other things. I am very happy with Snow Leopard.

The only glitch I have seen so far is the video anomalies in Safari when using the Top Sites window to surf. Before most sites load (including xlr8yourmac.com) I briefly see a solid grey window with vertical stripes of different colours. For some reason this does not happen with macupdate.com. (I have an ATI 4870 in my Mac Pro btw.)
-Steve"

How can I install Snow leopard with a blank cd?
Q. I have the snow leopard installer on my laptop, but I tried to put it on a cd, then when I did so, I tried booting with the cd and it wouldn't let me (The way where you press 'c' on start up). It just went straight to the start menu, how do I do it?

A. What the hell? What makes you think that just the installer is all it takes?? That's utterly absurd. The installer is a tiny portion of what is actually on the Snow Leopard disc. To copy it off you'd need to clone the whole Snow Leopard disc to a dual layer DVD. You can do absolutely NOTHING with just the installer. How the hell do you think such a small file could install an entire OS all by itself in the first place?

Can I use my Snow Leopard disk to perform a clean install?
Q. I am planning to use DNUKE to erase my HD and reinstall snow leopard, but I would be using the Snow Leopard disk from the apple store that I used to upgrade my macbook from Leopard to snow leopard.

My question is after I DNUKE the hard drive, can I use the snow leopard disk to install the OS or do I need to find the disk that originally came with my macbook and then use snow leopard to upgrade from leopard again?

A. duh you can do a fresh install fine........I have like 300 macs (i fix & refurbish) just the snow leopard disc is needed



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment